Thursday, January 12, 2012

Refresh Smoothie

I have been doing a lot of recipe browsing on Pinterest lately, and recently came across this great Refresh Smoothie recipe. I love smoothies because they are quick and easy to make, nutritious and a great thing to eat on the go. They are also great because you can change the recipe depending on what is in your fridge/freezer. The ingredients of this smoothie make me wish I was somewhere warm, eating breakfast before a morning run outside. Oh well, a Minnesota girl in the middle of winter can dream. Enjoy this recipe :)

Refresh Smoothie


Ingredients:
-1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated with a microplane
-1 c frozen raspberries
-1 c frozen mango
-1 frozen banana, chopped
-1 tbsp fresh lime juice
-1 1/2c- 2c of milk, depending on desired thickness

Instructions:
1. Place all ingredients into a blender, pulse into completely combined.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

Pictures and Tips:
Step 1. All the ingredients ready to go.

Place in the blender and add milk. I like thicker smoothies, so I used 1 1/2c milk.

Pulse to combine.

Step 2. Serve and enjoy. I put this one into my favorite running cup as extra motivation to get up to the gym :)

I love this recipe. It feels indulgent because of the thick, creamy texture and the sweetness of the fruit. The ginger acts as a beautiful back note and adds just the right amount of kick. Plus, it is deliciously nutritious.

Happy dabbling,

-The Delicious Dabbler

1 comment: