Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Cupcakes

♥Happy Valentine's Day Dabblers!♥

I love Valentine's Day...a day to spread the love. My favorite way to do that is through food, and these Valentine's Cupcakes were for the girl's basketball team that I coach. I needed a quick recipe, and this one from marthastewart.com for One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes fit the bill. 





They came together quickly and all in one bowl, as the name promises, so I saved time on dishes as well. 


I topped them with homemade buttercream frosting and a chocolate heart candy. If you haven't made your own buttercream before, give it a try (recipe inspiration here). The texture, depth of flavor, and richness is so fabulous and it is simple to do. 


The girls were very excited when the cupcakes showed up at practice and it was a fun start to the Valentine's Day festivities. I wish you and yours a Happy Valentine's Day and hope you spread a little love today. 

Thanks for visiting, 

-The Delicious Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment