Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Favorites

Hi dabblers. I hope you had a lovely Memorial Day weekend and are now enjoying a short work week. I spent a wonderful long weekend up north with my family and dogs. Here are some weekend highlights in photos:

A breakfast sandwich consisting of a fried egg, spinach, tomatoes, and herb cow's cheese on rye toast. I love having time to really make breakfast and enjoy it on vacation weekends. 


The donut counter at World's Best Donuts in Grand Marais, MN. Truly the best donuts I have ever had and a must stop if you are in Grand Marais. 
Cake donut with chocolate glaze. 
Cake donut with cinnamon and sugar. 
Raised glazed with sugar. Eat the donuts as soon as possible after purchasing (I suggest as you are walking out of the donut shop) for maximum deliciousness.

My favorite restaurant in Grand Marais, the Angry Trout Cafe

I always get the same thing because I love it. Whitefish chowder.

House-made root beer in an Angry Trout Cafe cup. 
Fish and chips with local whitefish. 
House-made dill tartar sauce. My favorite part of the entire experience. 
A fabulous delivery bike. 

Grandma's rhubarb pie made with rhubarb from the family garden. Her pies are the best in the world, and as always, the crust (recipe here) was fabulous. 
Spicy hot chocolate with cinnamon and cayenne pepper, made with milk that I whisked until frothy over the stove. Served in a classic cabin mug and topped with marshmallows :) The perfect accompaniment to a cool evening and a good book. 


Cheers to time spent appreciating the beauty of nature, 
and time spent with the people and animals you love. 

-The Delicious Dabbler

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHH lovely memories!!!! Now I am hungry too!!!

    ReplyDelete