Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Dinner/Commute Dilemma

You know those awkwardly-timed, post-work events on your calendar...the ones where it would be pointless to drive home in traffic because you would just have to hop right back in your car to get where you're going? Well, it's time for true confessions.

I love those little ditties on my calendar because it is the perfect excuse to head over to the Seward Coop deli for dinner and pleasantly spend an hour or so in the presence of happy people and yummy food. (Seward is a short, no-highway jaunt from my office.)

My usual order? The pesto turkey melt on whole wheat. Turkey, pesto, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese...all grilled to gooey perfection. 

Look at those wonderful melted cheese strings connecting the bread! Glorious. The sandwich comes with kettle chips and a dill pickle. Occasionally when I order this, a chip attaches itself to the sliced edge of the sandwich via the melted cheese. A turkey-pesto-melt novice may be inclined to remove said chip, but don't be fooled...it adds a wonderful bonus crunch. I tend to love potato chip additions to most sandwiches.

As an avoiding-my-commute bonus, Seward has very affirming napkins. It's the little things, right?

What delicious places are you stopping at to solve the dinner/commute dilemma?

-The Delicious Dabbler



No comments:

Post a Comment