Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Get Thyself to Birchwood

Howdy everyone. Happy Wednesday. I'm feeling particularly jubilant because of our 40 degree weather today. Just the hint of spring weather makes my tropical-wanting soul fly. (Yes, I know there is a winter storm warning going into effect tomorrow...deny deny deny). 

Have you tried Birchwood Cafe yet? Birchwood is one of my favorite Minneapolis brunch (and all meals) places. If you haven't checked it out...go this Saturday! This Saturday at 9pm, Birchwood will close in order to undergo an expansion/remodel. Birchwood raised over $112,000 through a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign in order to pursue this project. How cool is that? You can read more about it on their blog


T and I went there for brunch a few weekends ago to get our last waffles in before they close the doors.


I love places that give you your own mini tea pot. (T...put me in the picture! put me in the picture!)


T loves a good buttermilk waffle. It's his go-to breakfast/brunch order when we eat out. As a future-post-teaser, I may or may not have just purchased a 1950s wafflemaker off ebay as T's birthday present.


I got my favorite- The Savory Waffle. The flavors rotate seasonally. This one was a sweet potato, quinoa, and parmesan waffle topped with cranberry-apple chutney, ginger-honey butter, spiced walnuts, bacon lardoons (...just beyond good), and a sunny-side-up egg. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Birchwood is the best and I can't wait to visit them for a post-renovation waffle.

-The Delicious Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment