Friday, February 21, 2014

Post Blizzard Plans? Head to Brasa

Happy Friday dabblers! Did you survive the snowpocalypse? A lot of hibernating was done at our house last night, and a lot of shoveling was done this morning. I saw some quality "stuckness" on my drive in today. Many a car was stranded in a plow pile.

In honor of the return of our winter-tundra weather, I thought I'd share a great dinner spot that will be sure to warm you up. A few weeks ago, T and I ventured over to Brasa on East Hennepin in Minneapolis. The vibe is casual, and the food is delicious. Think lots of wholesome, well-sourced ingredients cooked low and slow with great depth of flavor.


T and I wanted to be able to sample a bunch of the different meat options, so we got small sizes of the Smoked Beef, Slow Roasted Pork, and Pulled Chicken. We also tried the Roasted Yams and Andouille, and the Creamed Spinach with Jalapeno. The spinach side was absolutely amazing...I think we easily could have devoured a large of that and called it good.

 T and I had been to the St. Paul location awhile ago, and we both remembered ordering the Slow Roasted Pork and loving it. It was an easy decision to get it again and the garlic/lime flavor is just killer good.

I was most excited to try to the Pulled Chicken this time around. Its pretty hard to say no to something that is listed on the menu as "simmered in light cream and pepper gravy." Sold. It was delicious and would be the perfect comfort food to pair with our current weather.

We rounded out our sampler trio with the Smoked Beef. We both wanted to try the Sweet-Spicy BBQ Sauce and it was great. Definitely the most "zesty" plate on our table. 


If you are looking for a post-blizzard pick me up, head on over to Brasa. Next time we go, I am hoping to try one of their sandwiches. The Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with ginger mayo, cilantro, and pickled vegetables is calling my name.

Have you dined at Brasa? What menu items did you love?

-The Delicious Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment