Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4th of July



Happy 4th of July Weekend dabblers! I thought I would kick the celebrating off early with some dabbling inspiration. Here is a picture of the fruit tart I made last year for the 4th.

This tart is super easy to make...just a graham cracker crust, frosting and fresh fruit of your choosing. Here is a link to Martha Stewart's recipe for graham cracker crust. I used the same frosting as I used to frost the Carrot Cake I made last week. The frosting pairs well with fruit...I have even whipped up a batch and set it out with fresh fruit as a fruit dip. I went with a flag pattern with sliced strawberries and blueberries, but you could make whatever design you want.


Here is another idea. This is a fresh cherry tart. It also uses a graham cracker crust and the same frosting. It is topped with fresh, pitted cherries that have been sliced in half. Cherries are so delicious right now...and you could incorporate this dessert into any red, white and blue color scheme.



This year I am heading north to my cabin to celebrate the 4th with my family and dogs. The dogs and I are looking forward to some quality dock time. I'll be making a batch of Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast one of the days, and a couple loaves of Sourdough Bread to make sandwiches with....I love packing a good picnic lunch to take hiking.

A special suggestion...make a batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and use them to make s'mores. This is one of the greatest fireside treats I have ever had.

What recipes will you be making to celebrate the 4th of July?


Hope you get to *share* a wonderful weekend with family and friends :)

-The Delicious Dabbler

ps: a bonus photo from my last trip north


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for 4th of July at the cabin!!!

    ReplyDelete