Saturday, January 5, 2013

Easy Taco Layer Dip




Happy weekend Dabblers. It's an exciting night for football watching in Minnesota as the Vikings take on the Packers in the playoffs tonight. My husband and I are heading to a friend's to watch the game. I love watching football, and I also love the delicious snacks that accompany watching football.  This quick appetizer has become a go-to in our house. The recipe is very flexible (you can easily swap things in an out depending on what you like and what's in your fridge that day) and transports well to any  gathering. 

Easy Taco Layer Dip comes together as follows:

Step 1. Spread one can of your favorite refried beans into the bottom of a dish. I love black beans in this dish, but my husband's fave is pinto so I went with that tonight. 

Step 2. Spread a layer of sour cream over the beans. 





Step 3.  My favorite ingredient in all dishes with tex-mex flavor profiles: ground cumin. It smells so delicious and makes this dip. Liberally sprinkle cumin over the sour cream, making sure every potential bite is covered :)


Step 4. Add your favorite ingredients. Tonight I went with corn, black olives, and diced tomatoes. Green onions would also be a delicious addition. 



Step 5. Top with grated cheese (colby jack pictured above) and julienned romaine lettuce. 

Step 6. Enjoy!  Or in our case, cover with tin foil and transport to your game-watching venue. 


Secret Step 7. *Chef's snack...I had to make a small bowl to eat right away, the smell of cumin gets me every time!


Happy football watching dabblers. Thanks for stopping by (regardless of team-affiliation)...but, Go Vikes!

-The Delicious Dabbler



No comments:

Post a Comment