Sunday, February 17, 2013

Co-op Finds: Local Chips and Salsa

Post track-meet watching yesterday, we headed to our co-op to pick up a few things for the upcoming week and to our pleasant surprise, we entered the store at the peak of sampling time.   Francisco's Pico de Gallo Salsa was located in the high-traffic area right next to the dairy case (picking up my favorite chocolate milk from Castle Rock Organic Farms, Osseo, WI), and it was being served with Whole Grain Milling Co. (Welcome, MN), chips, which are my absolute favorite...so, I knew I had to give it a go. 



I sampled the "hot," which has some great jalapeño action happening, amongst other delicious fresh and simple ingredients like tomatoes, onions, cilantro, green pepper, and avocado. After one small sample at the store,  I left with two jars. My husband and I ate the bulk of one yesterday, and writing this post made me crave it again...so, at this point, we are down to one jar. Needless to say, it is delicious. 

In addition to the salsa being delicious, I think I am also drawn the overall idea of fresh salsa right now. It transports me to warmer weather and gardening season. If you have peaked at the upcoming MN forecast, please keep that vision-busting information to yourself :) The good news?I got this beauty in the mail this weekend, and the flowers on the cover must mean that spring isn't too terribly far away. 

If you have a great co-op find that I should check out, please share :) I hope your week starts off deliciously, 

-The Delicious Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment