Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Simple Happinesses

Sitting in the dining room with cup of tea on another cold MN morning (5°F, feels like -3°F); feeling grateful that I can watch the day begin from the warmth of inside. Before we start the weekend by cheering on my sister-in-law as she flies over the hurdles at an indoor track meet, a few things that are putting a smile on my face from last night:

1. Day-after-Valentine's-Day roses. So beautiful and on sale :)


2. Having the time to make a true dinner. The past several weeks have been pretty crazy schedule-wise, and I really missed cooking. On the menu? Pork chops on a bed of cheesy/garlic polenta and baby kale sauteed in olive oil and white wine. 

3. The simple set up and getting a high-five from my husband after he tasted the first bite. 

Happy weekend, 

-The Delicious Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment