Sunday, February 10, 2013

Greek Yogurt with Apples, Bananas, Almonds, and Maple Syrup


Tonight I had a breakfast-for-dinner craving, or perhaps more appropriately...a greek yogurt craving (really an anytime meal). As you know from this post, I have been on a greek yogurt, fruit, nut, and honey kick as of late...but today, I needed to switch it up. What prompted this change?
 1. The honey jar is nearly empty. 
2. Because said jar is near total depletion, it takes 8 years (frustration leads to exaggeration) to get the honey to come out.  

In addition to exaggeration, frustration also leads to inspiration...cue this wonderful new concoction. 

The cast of characters. I have tried many a brand of greek yogurts, and FAGE is by far my favorite. Caribou Cream (Lutsen, MN) 100% Pure Maple Syrup...so delicious, and the perfect rescue for my honey "situation." I love using natural sweeteners, and maple syrup paired with sliced apples and bananas is a great combo. Add the crunch of almonds and you have a wonderful meal, whatever time of day you choose to enjoy it. 




Cheers to the end of the weekend, 

-The Delicious Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment